Wednesday 3 December 2008

Chinks in the armour

Structure scares me. Sometimes I can nail it to the wall and tell you exactly how it should work. The rest of the time, up is down and black is white. Personally it seems like the hardest part of getting started. I can almost imagine established writers hoarding their golden formulas, locking them away on ninja trained, death skunks. I’ve read some very good articles, my sincere thanks to Caleb Monroe particularly for one of the best resources on comics and their creation, and read avidly the words of top writers. Ultimately though there’s a path I need to find, one which I can label ‘mine’. This isn’t to be unique or anything quite so precious, but simply to allow my ideas to come out in the way I see them. Otherwise there isn’t much point to all this is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment